Labels

13 July 2010

The most dangerous cake in the world!

A friend emailed me this recipe today and I can't wait to try it out...  a 5 minute 'chocolate cuppa cake', which means that at any given time of the day, or night, we're only 5 minutes away from gastronomic heaven.  I had to share it with you.


4 tablespoons gluten free flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional) and a small splash of vanilla extract
1 large microwave safe coffee cup (which I'd presume you'd want to spray with anti-stick first)

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well.  
Add the egg and mix thoroughly. 
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again. 
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. 
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed! 
Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
EAT ! This can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous. 

I reckon you could add a few nuts and/or berries and I'd be inclined to add a dash of chili ('cos I love chili and chocolate together).  

 





















April Blackbird 
With grateful thanks to the originator of this email...

2 comments:

ChickieChirps said...

Yum! Great idea... could be addictive though.

Arabella

ChickieChirps said...

Nuh... I tried it last night, so did new mum chickie... not that impressed with it. It is quick, but it's 'lacking' somehow. Not a patch on the mud cake we make :)

April Blackbird