Labels

15 June 2010

Attitude of Gratitude # 9

Playing this 'Pollyanna' game can be tough some days... today is one of them.  I'm tired (we've been working flat out and sleeping badly) and grouchy and quite out of sorts. Those 'Rose Tinted' glasses have fallen off the table and I'm having a spot of bother finding them.  So stay with me on this one...

It's on days like these that we I (why the plural, I have to ask on reviewing this post) have to try harder to focus on what's really important.  We I have to trot out all those tired, worn out cliches... 'don't sweat the small stuff' comes to mind instantly.

So, today I shall merely remind myself of all the good things in my life and give grateful thanks for my:
  • good health
  • loving, healthy, communicative family
  • good, supportive, patient friends
  • the roof above my head and the four walls that surround me
  • the warm, dry, comfortable bed I sleep on
  • the yummy, healthy food on the table I am blessed to sit at
  • the work that keeps my hands (and brain) from idleness
  • the work that keeps my family  (no small thing in this day and age)
  • the car that gets me from A to B
  • the safe place we live in
  • the list goes on forever...so what on earth do I have to be grouchy about?
Onwards and upwards!  The sun is shining beautifully, my washing is going to dry (for a change) and I have lots of work to do. Pollyanna is back in business :)

May you be (at least) as blessed today.

April Blackbird

No comments: